Even though Twitter has removed Justin Bieber from its trending lists, that doesn't mean you have to go off-trend too.
Here's what to watch for this spring and summer, and Hems & Hers can help you achieve any of these looks:
1. Ruffles galore - designers from Valentino to Chanel embraced ruffles at Fashion Week
2. Sequins - stars need to shine, and sequins are just the way to do it. Whether understated as tee embellishment or adorning a full cocktail dress, warm weather brings the sparkle
3. Neon brights - no one wants to be a wallflower. Neons in any color - pink, yellow, green - add the right pop to any wardrobe and help you stand out in the crowd
4. Tie dye - while not my personal favorite, there's no denying that tie dye is coming back in a big way. Whether in muted shades or screaming hues, this season is all about the dye
5. Gray - more warm weather friendly than black, but still conservative, make sure gray is a piece of your closet this season.
6. Watercolor prints - fresh off a trip to Mood in New York, I am armed with plenty of this handpainted material. These prints lend equal parts romance and fun to any garment.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Monday, May 3, 2010
I've been hanging on to these two fabrics for a while now wanting to make the perfect garment to match their whimsical feel. As it turned out, the perfect garment was a Belle skirt with pink elephants dancing across the waistband and pocket bands. I am so in love with the results!